
What is your childs name? Kayla Michele
How old is your child? Six going on 40.
Who does your child mainly look like? Some people say a spitting image of me while others say she looks more like Mike. I see both of us in her though.
What kind of diapers do you use? None, she is a big kid now but when she was using them it was Pampers and sometimes Huggies. It all depended on the cost. :x
What kind of bottles do you use? NICU bottles, I can't remember but some bottle that decreased the chances of her getting gas and having a tummy ache. Regular bottles.
Did you breastfeed your child? I tried. I wanted too. I shouldn't have given up based on what the doctors said.
If you answered no, why not? I was told by her doctors that my breast milk may have been to rich causing Kayla to get sick being a preemie and in the NICU.
Desribe your child in three words: Beautful, Intelligent, Stubborn
Are you still with the father of your child? No.
How old were you when you got pregnant with your child? 22.
Recent milestone that your child has reached? On June 17th, 2010 at 1245pm, Kayla had her first dentist adventure.
Was your pregnancy planned with this child? No. We had discussed it but wanted to get our life in order first - we had just gotten married and one month after our wedding day found out I was pregnant.
How has your life changed since having your child? I get to be a kid again, in a sense. I have matured. I became more determined & motivated to provide the best life for the two of us.
What color eyes does your child have? Beautiful brown eyes.
Do you miss what is was like to not have a child? There are some instances where I reflect back on those times and miss those moments but I would never give up the amazing journey of being a mother.
Do you wish you would have waited to have a child? Not at all.
One thing you wish someone would have told you about having a child? That children are smarter than you think. They can sense anything and everything around them and it can affect them in more ways than one whether it be at that moment or affecting their future and the person they are shaped to be.
Greatest memory of your child? Every moment is great. If I had to name one though I would say the day she was born because the memories formed since birth would not have taken place had she not been born.
Was your birth complicated? Kayla was born 2 months early. My water had a slight tear in it and it resulted in an infection. I also had a team of doctors and nurses in the room because she was coming premature. She stopped breathing after birth and was air evac'd to another hospital that could better meet her medical needs. But we both are fighters and overcame all obstacles.
Did you get pain medication? I didn't want to but they had to induce my labor and break my water. As soon as they began that, I demanded an epidural.
Did you need a c-section? No.
If yes, why? N/A
How long were you in labor? Well my water had been leaking three days before, it was such a small tear I did not realize it. But from the second I was admited to the hospital to the time she was born was 18.5 hours.
How did you know you were in labor? I woke up having some terrible cramps and thought I was peeing the bed. I knew I was having contractions and my instincts told me to get my butt to the hospital. I remember waking Mike up telling him I was going to the ER and I thought I was in labor. I told him Id call him and let him know if I was but he got out of bed pretty quick.

No comments:
Post a Comment