Friday, June 25, 2010

Dental Adventures, PT 1

I am exhausted and haven't been feeling so well today. I am confident unnecessary stress is the cause and that is something I need to work on. Kayla's dental surgery went well. They began with a small cup of Demerol to relax her and her body before taking her back. The doctor and I had hoped they would be able to put Kayla under entirely but they were concerned about her blood pressure and heart rate so they had her sedated but awake at the same time. Regardless, she did very well. She is less than thrilled about what foods she can eat but she'll live. Her next dental procedures are July 6th, 2010 in the morning. What occurs at that time is a bit more intense (I guess that is the word) so we are hoping she accepts the drugs and is fast asleep during the procedure. She has 4 teeth coming in and 2 teeth that are very wiggly. They will be doing some extractions if the teeth have not fallen out by then. She experiences some discomfort when eating and the extractions will help eliminate that discomfort and allow the new teeth to continue coming in. Needless to say, her very first trip from the tooth fairy is approaching.

I have been thinking about doing a journal specifically posting a picture of Kayla once a day and the memory associated with the picture. It would be regarding any age, past or present. I want to devote this journal to her and when the time is right form it into a paper journal for her to keep forever. I am anxious to begin this and will probably do so soon.

Right now, I'm contemplating sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment